February 17, 2014
Happy Presidents Day!
Posted by American Greetings on February 17, 2014
As I heal from recent shoulder surgery, I have a whole new appreciation for the word “Love” (not to mention having the use of both arms!). My husband Peter has been treating me like royalty (even more than usual), and my daughter Katie has been wonderful, taking care of me when he is away on business and being available to help me out during the day, in spite of her own busy life at work and at home. Friends, too, have been supportive beyond words, showering me with comfort food and gifts and lots and lots of words of encouragement.
So for me, there’s just no bottom to my reservoir of inspiration this Valentine’s Day! All I need to do is think about all the amazing gestures of love that I’ve been fortunate to receive. In fact all of us can find this kind of inspiration if we look around us. Think about the nice things – big and small – that the people closest to you have done for you. And don’t forget the little acts of kindness you receive from co-workers and friends. Why not remember everyone with a Valentine? A simple, heartfelt card is always well received, especially when it’s unexpected. A token gift – something silly from the local dollar store, a homemade treat or even a single piece of candy – is sure to bring a smile.
How about you? What inspires you this Valentine’s Day?
Posted by American Greetings on February 11, 2014
It’s February—the month dedicated to all things red, pink, and covered in hearts! As we count down the days until Valentine’s Day, we’re also in the mood to do some crafting! In order to accomplish this goal, we thought we’d share some really great Valentine’s Day craft ideas that we found that are perfect for showing some love to someone special in your life.
1. DIY Chalkboard Valentine Candy Box from Skip to my Lou
2. Heart Shaped Bird Feeder from No Time For Flash Cards
3. Heart Handprint Valentine Craft from The Shirleys
4. Yarn Hearts from Family Chic
5. Marbled Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies from The Novice Chef
6. Mini Heart Garland from Honey We’re Home
7. Valentine Craft: Tic Tac Toe Hearts from Alpha Mom
If you have any other heart-themed ideas or creative crafts for Valentine’s Day, feel free to leave a note in the comments! We’d love to hear from you!
Posted by American Greetings on February 6, 2014
Happy February Birthday!
Happy birthday, all you February babies! You’re so lucky to be sharing the shortest month of the year with one of the sweetest holidays of all—Valentine’s Day! As either a witty, intelligent, and strong-willed Aquarius (Feb 1-18) or a compassionate, insightful, and creative Pisces (Feb 19-29), you’ve got some of the best qualities around.
Here are some fun facts you might find especially interesting about your special month:
We hope you have an extra wonderful birthday and enjoy all the joy it has to offer!
Posted by American Greetings on February 3, 2014
Posted by American Greetings on January 17, 2014
AMERICAN GREETINGS LIVE GREETINGS ‘MADE TO AMUSE: PAWS APPROVED’ FACEBOOK CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Void where prohibited by law.
EACH WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE AND LICENSING AGREEMENT, WITHIN THE TIME FRAME SPECIFIED BY SPONSOR, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK. ANY REFERENCES TO AMERICAN GREETINGS AND ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVCIES CONTAINED IN THE OFFICIAL RULES DO NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY FACEBOOK’S OR SPRINKLR’S ENDORSEMENT, SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION THEREOF.
YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO AMERICAN GREETINGS AND ITS AGENTS AND NOT TO FACEBOOK. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE WILL ONLY BE USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF ENTER THIS CONTEST, AND IF SPECIFIED, FOR RECEIVING NEWS AND INFORMATION ABOUT AMERICAN GREETINGS PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND PROMOTIONS.
1. PROMOTION TIMING: Entry for the Contest begins at 08:01 am Eastern Standard Time on Monday, January 13, 2014, and ends at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time on Monday January 27, 2014 (“Contest Period”). You are entering to win one of twenty-five (25) prizes that will be given out at the end of the Contest Period.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter into the Contest, go to http://www.facebook.com/americangreetings and complete the following:
• You must “Like” American Greetings on Facebook (if you don’t already)
• Fill out the entry form on the ‘Made to Amuse: Paws Approved” Facebook tab and click submit.
3. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Twenty-five (25) winners (each may be referred to as “Winner” or collectively as “Winners”) will be evaluated and judged from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
This is a contest based on judging criteria and is not a game of chance. Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of entries received. A judging panel of 5 American Greetings Social Media and Product Management Team Associates shall evaluate Contest entries based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
In the event of ties in votes, an additional, separate judging panel of 3 American Greetings Associates appointed by Sponsor will review the tied entries and choose as the potential winner(s), the application(s) that best reflect the Judging Criteria as a whole.
SPONSOR’S DECISIONS SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL MATTERS PERTAINING TO THIS CONTEST.
Twenty-five (25) winners will take home 1 (one) Live Greetings sample pack of cards and one (1) six (6) month subscription to the Live Greetings mobile application. The Sponsor or its designated representatives will make two (2) attempts to contact each of the selected Winners through the email address provided on the entry form within one (1) business week of selection. If the selected Winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) calendar days after the first attempt to contact him/her or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then the selected Winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to his/her respective Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate eligible Winner from among the remaining eligible entries (in which case the forgoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Winner). If any Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules, fails to claim a Prize, or if the prize notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, an alternate eligible Winner may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be selected. Sponsor will not be obligated to pursue more than three (3) alternate winners for each prize for any reason, in which case the prize may go unawarded. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winner, if any.
4. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: There are twenty-five (25) Prizes (each may be referred to as “Prize”): Each winner will receive either a prize package containing three (3) Live Greetings cards (assorted styles) and a six-month subscription to the Live Greetings mobile application (total approximate retail value of each prize is “ARV”: $34.96). Limit one (1) Prize Package per household. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to any Winner or eligible Winner who is unable to accept Prize as described herein. Prize is neither transferable nor substitutable and may not be redeemed for cash. All federal, provincial, state, and local taxes incurred by any Winner as a result of receiving any Prize herein shall be the sole responsibility of such Winner.
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES TO BE AWARDED DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD IS $854.00.
5. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter and win a prize in the American Greetings Facebook Live Greetings ‘Made to Amuse: Paws Approved” Contest, entrant must be an individual 18 years of age, the legal age of majority, or older in his or her state of residence and must be a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia as of the date of entry. This Contest is void in all United States territories (including Puerto Rico), possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited by law. Employees of American Greetings (or “Sponsor”), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and all of the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, promotional partners, sales representatives, and Contest and other vendor agencies involved in this Contest (collectively “Released Parties”) and the immediate family (defined for the purposes of this Contest as parents, spouses, siblings, children) and household members of all such employees, are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest and/or win a prize. Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject any entry for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether an entrant is eligible under the eligibility requirements provided in these Official Rules for all purposes.
6. GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Contest promotion, entrant agrees to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules. By accepting any Prize, the Winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority may use Winner’s name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law.
The Winners will be asked to follow the instructions within the prize package that requests that they A) Fill out a survey to provide the Company feedback on the mobile application and product samples B) take at least one (1) video of their pet’s reaction to the paper cards C) upload the digital video file per the instructions within the prize package and D) upload the video to at least one (1) of the winner’s own social networks within 14 days of receiving the prize package.
The Winners also grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable, sublicensable, royalty-free license to Sponsor or its agents to use, assign, re-license, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display any photos or videos submitted in this Contest in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for Contest or marketing purposes, without providing any additional compensation, consideration, or notification to me. All photos and videos may be posted on the Internet for public viewing.
8.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; INDEMNIFICATION: Entrant agrees that Sponsor will have no liability whatsoever for, and will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliate companies, and their respective, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the ”Contest Indemnities”) from, any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Contest Indemnities due to or arising out of the entrant’s submission in this Contest, or the entrant’s conduct during and in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy, or defamation. By accepting a Prize, Winner agrees that Sponsor will have no liability whatsoever for, and will indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Indemnities from, any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize or any Prize related activity. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor and its respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliate companies, and their respective, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees, resulting from any entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload, or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Sponsor web site (“Web Site”) in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer or photographic equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site.
Sponsor: American Greetings Corporation, One American Road, Cleveland, OH, 44144.
Posted by American Greetings on January 13, 2014
Posted by American Greetings on January 1, 2014
How are you celebrating tonight? We hope that you’re surrounded by friends, family and good cheer!
Posted by American Greetings on December 31, 2013
As the Kwanzaa celebration continues, we wanted to share our warmest wishes for moments of happiness, laughter, and love to treasure throughout the year!
Posted by American Greetings on December 30, 2013
Even though we like to think about giving all year long, it’s especially fun to be immersed in the season of giving! Because I like to be able to fully appreciate and enjoy everything that’s magical about the holidays, I need to have my holiday cards ready to start right after Thanksgiving. I do have to plan ahead and be very disciplined about my process, especially since I write a short letter to include…and I LOVE to decorate and hand-letter each envelope. But it really feels good after I’ve finished and the cards are ready to be mailed!
Having finished my cards, it’s then time to start decorating our home for the holidays. And because in early December here in the Pennsylvania, the landscape wasn’t yet covered with snow, we could get outside for our annual family “gathering of the greens.” When I was a little girl, my dad and I used to go outside before Christmas every year to search for evergreen boughs. We’d bundle up and clip greens and sprigs of holly berries and bring them inside. Then we’d display them all over the house, from the mantel to the dining room table, to the banister – any place at all that called for a touch of green. The best part was the fragrance. It was so wonderful to come home to that spicy-sweet aroma of pine. We continue our “gathering of the greens” to this day, and it always takes me back to those great holiday memories of time spent with my dad.
What’s your approach to sending holiday cards? And how about your favorite holiday tradition? Every family seems to have a unique way of celebrating that passes through the generations making this time of year so special!
All of us at Kathy Davis Studios wish you and yours a beautiful holiday season and many opportunities to experience the joy and wonder it brings!
Posted by American Greetings on December 20, 2013