November 30, 2012
Get a Holiday Head-Start…
There is no shortage of exciting things going on as the holiday season gets into full swing. From shopping and baking to planning for fun get-togethers, you have one exciting, yet full, calendar. But with a little pre-planning, you can get ahead this holiday season.
Try these tips to help you on your way:
- Shopping lists: Get a start on your shopping list by jotting down notes as you hear friends and family mention things that might make for a great gift. Find that one thing they’ve been looking for forever or give them something you know they need just by being a little more observant.
- Get a jump on your holiday card list: Purchase your holiday cards early in order to get the best selection and to avoid holiday shipping delays.
- Make a list and check it twice: With your holiday cards in-hand, all you need to do is give your address book a quick update before signing, addressing, and popping them in the mail (or bundle them and wait until December 10th, if you want to send a little closer to the holidays.)
- Smile for the camera: The holiday season is the perfect time to take a family photo, and there’s no better way to share warm wishes than with those beautiful smiles. Be sure to check out the wide selection of photo cardsonline.
- Bake and freeze: Lots of holiday cookie recipes can be made in advance and frozen so that you always have a tray of treats to take to a get-together. Consider starting a cookie exchange with a group of friends to get the most variety out of your bulk-baking.
- Master calendar: Now’s a great time to create your master calendar for the holiday season. Don’t forget to include all holiday parties (marking which ones you’ll need gifts for), gift shopping lists, and a plan for set up, cleaning, and cooking for all your get-togethers.