august 20, 2012
Back to School
Backpacks, binders and buses—oh yeah, it’s back-to-school time! Whether your child starts tomorrow or still has a couple more weeks, here are some important reminders to make life a little easier.
- Get super organized by using stylish, colorful folders to send all that required paperwork to the school office.
- Lunches: to pack or buy? If packing, check out these great sandwich ideas; if not, don’t forget the lunch money.
- Avoid a first day fashion crisis! Whether uniforms or regular clothes, review the dress code and get the first week’s wardrobe lined up and hung in the closet.
- When it comes to school supplies, most schools hand out lists, so shop around for prices and deals.
- Label, label, label! You can use a permanent marker or order fun, personalized labels to last throughout the school year.
- Gym clothes, sports uniforms, change of clothes—make sure it’s all labeled and packed. Tuck in an extra plastic bag for the dirty clothes and shoes.
- Summer reading is standard at most schools, so check that the assignment is completed and set to go!
- Backpack ready? Make sure you know the school requirements as well as the latest fashion trends for this essential item.
- Get the kids to bed! Summer is great for staying up late, but now is the time to start getting to sleep—and waking up—earlier.
- Finally, create a printable card at home and tuck it in your child’s lunch or backpack just to let them know you’re thinking of them on their first day. It will make them smile!